At Tayto Group we need the very best to add value to our business and become part of our on-going success, therefore we are looking for an experienced Shift Manager to join us in Scunthorpe working days.
The role of the Shift Manager is to assume responsibility for co-ordinating and arbitrating site wide issues. You will also have responsibility for an owned static shift and contribute to the overall site strategic plan in respect of people, cost, quality & safety and be fully accountable for the KPIs in these areas.
· Achieve the daily shift production and ensure compliance against site standards.
· Minimise cost elements of the operation including absence, material conversion, waste and giveaway.
· Prepare and present information at the short interval control meeting, focusing on KPIs and action plans to deliver on performance.
· Develop skills and knowledge of all Area Managers.
· Monitor and improve health and safety performance in accordance with site objectives and legislation.
We are looking for an experienced, proactive and driven individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. Ideally you will have experience with at least 2 years in a similar management position. Be self-motivated with a FMCG background.
Shifts, Salary and holiday entitlement:
· Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, hours to be discussed.
· Competitive salary.
· 30 days holiday per year plus 3 Bank Holidays.
Training opportunities and career development available, so, if you would like to join one of the UK’s leading snack food manufacturing businesses then please apply.
Job Holder needs to know:
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and processes,
• The application of world class manufacturing standards, food safety, employment / union law, Health & Safety and environmental legal requirements.
Job Holder needs to have experience of:
• Manufacturing experience gained within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
• Experience in managing and empowering others within a modern manufacturing context, using change management skills within a unionised environment.
• Process improvement techniques and implementation.
• Budget and cost control.
Job Holder needs to be (skills and behaviors):
• Interpersonal skills including, listening, influencing, persuading, counselling, coaching and feedback.
• Planning, organising and analytical skills.
• High standard of written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Tenacious, self-motivated, visionary and stress tolerant.
• Computer literate.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in related subject such as Food Science, Manufacturing or Engineering
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf
Maximum file size – 2MB