Multi Skilled Engineer
At Tayto Group we need the very best to add value to our business and become part of our on-going success, therefore we are looking for Multi Skilled Engineers to work at our Corby site.
Main Purpose of Role:
Understand and contribute to achieving the goals of the Factory by efficiently carrying out any maintenance operation or task, using skills to the highest appropriate level.
Provide flexibility when required for the needs of the business
7 x 12 hour shifts over a 14 days period
• Effective planned maintenance inspections using RCM/CIL. Feedback from RCM/ CIL to improve future inspections.
• Overhaul and repair of plant during production and out of production.
• Continually monitor plant condition and report defects.
• Maintain a detailed log of all work carried out on appropriate Company systems, using Engineering PPM,CAM, RCM, CI and other requested work.
• Continually monitor areas of the factory, liaising with manufacturing staff to meet changes as required
• Carry out all work in a safe, hygienic and professional manner to CTO engineering QA standards
• Working at all times to ‘Engineers Multi Skilling Behavioural Standards’ as set out in the attachment with these Roles & Profiles.
• Ensure engineering work is carried out within reasonable time constraints
• To ensure a clean environment at all times adopting a clean as you go approach to comply with BRC and customer standards.
• To be actively involved in plant improvement groups through Area Managers & the Maintenance Manager.
• To progress self-development/training needs with the Area Managers and Maintenance Manager.
• Drive Operational/Engineering KPIs to hit and exceed set targets
• Undertake the training of others as required.
• Comply with all legislative documentation and record any required data in the appropriate format.
• Report performance using appropriate Company systems and ensure communication of any non-conformance issues as appropriate, to the relevant person’s e.g. Area Manager, Maintenance Manager, Technical Department etc.
• Ensure adherence to routine cleaning schedules for all machinery.
• Assist manufacturing in minimising waste streams and achieving KPI targets.
• Carry out any tasks within the team, as needs dictate, using your skills to the appropriate level.
- Recognised apprenticeship in Engineering
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 18th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- A logical fault finding approach to breakdowns and problem solving.
- Sense of urgency whilst never compromising safety or product quality.
- Pro-active, ability to work within and also drive through continuous improvement initiatives.
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Experience of working within a Food Manufacturing envinronment
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf
Maximum file size – 2MB