Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Since 1956, here at Tayto Group, we have been committed to delivering some of the most delicious snacks and our much-loved brands have grown to include Golden Wonder, REAL Crisps, Mr Porky and of course Tayto, Northern Ireland’s number one crisp brand!
However, as much as we love our well-known brands, we also put just as much care and flavour into our supermarket labels, which you will be able to snap up in most of the UK’s major retailers!
As the UK’s largest family owned snack manufacturer, we are currently producing around 8 million packs per day and are committed to delivering the best product. In turn, require the best people to come and be a part of our on-going success!
A huge part of our success is due to our dedicated Engineering Teams. Our engineers are essential to us and our machinery. They aid us to fully optimise performance by prolonging the life of our kit and contribute drastically to the overall efficiency and quality of our processes. We couldn’t do what we do without them and we’re now looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to come and join our team in Scunthorpe!
About The Role
The main focus will be to not only maintain, but improve the sites equipment. Due to the mechanical nature of this role, it’ll be more suited to someone with a strong mechanical/fabrication background to collaborate closely with our electrical engineers leading to overall output improvement.
On a typical day, you will:
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on a variety of food processing machinery
- Fabricate and machine components as required
- Conduct any repairs or modifications to kit by welding
- Fit and assemble mechanical components during reactive or preventative maintenance tasks
- Work closely with the team to ensure minimal disruption to downtime across the site
What will we need from you?
- Sound mechanical engineering knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in fabrication, machining, welding and fitting of mechanical components
- Apprentice trained or recognised engineering qualification
- Experience working within Food Manufacturing would be an advantage, but isn’t essential
This role will operate on a 4on 4off (2days, 2nights) shift pattern.
We’ll provide you with all the tools to learn, develop the role and yourself and will support with additional training needs where required.
If you’d like to find out more about us and the role, please click to apply and someone from our recruitment team will be in touch with all the details!
- A recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering/Fitting & Fabrication/Welding
- Experience working as a Mechanical Engineer in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience within welding (TIG/MIG/Stick)
- Experience working within the food industry would be advantageous
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf
Maximum file size – 2MB