Health & Safety Manager
Since 1956, here at Tayto Group, we have been committed to delivering some of the most delicious snacks and we are the home of our much-loved brands including Golden Wonder, REAL Hand Cooked Crisps, the biggest brand in pork scratchings – Mr Porky and of course Tayto, Northern Ireland’s number one crisp brand!
However, as well as our well-known brands, we also put just as much care and flavour into our retailer-brand products which you will be able to snap up in pretty much all of the UK’s major supermarkets!
As the UK’s largest family owned snack manufacturer, we produce around 8 million packs per day and are committed to delivering the best snacks in the county – day in day out. Therefore we are looking for the best people to come and be a part of our on-going success!
We would not be able to do what we do though without our dedicated Health & Safety experts! A huge part of our success is our Health & Safety team, continuously driving a positive health & safety culture as well as developing and implementing best practice. We’re now looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to continue to drive this culture across our Scunthorpe site.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the Factory General Manager, you’ll take full responsibility of all elements of Health & Safety across the site. You’ll take ownership of developing and implementing health & safety best practice, driving a positive culture whilst ensuring the site complies with the current health & safety legislations.
On a typical day, you will:
- Support managers in maintaining safe systems of work and implementing best practice across the site
- Carry out site safety inspections in accordance with the H&S inspection plan
- Ensure any corrective actions arising from inspections are effectively addressed and closed out
- Work closely with managers to identify training requirements and effectively deliver in-house training
- Work in accordance with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory Authorities
- Promote a positive H&S culture in the business by coaching and supporting managers and staff across the site
What will we need from you?
- Experience working within a food/FMCG/Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing safe systems of work, carrying out H&S Audits, conducting risk assessments and delivering training
- Level 6 in Health & Safety Grad IOSH working towards Chartered
- Experience delivering in-house training such as fire safety, manual handling, and IOSH would be great
This is a site-based role with a typical working week of Monday – Friday 0845 – 1700, but you may very occasionally need to be prepared to work out of hours in accordance with the factory to support managers and investigations.
You’ll benefit from working side by side with some of the best people in the snack industry! Not only that, we have a dedicated Learning & Development team on site, committed to offering you the courses and qualifications to further your career.
Here at Tayto, we’re never just looking for the “now”, but always looking for the future. Could that be you?
- A minimum of 3 years operating in a site health and safety manager position
- Previous experience delivering in-house safety training
- Previous experience working as a Health & Safety Manager in a food/FMCG environment
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf
Maximum file size – 2MB