Since 1956, here at Tayto Group, we have been committed to making the most delicious snacks and we are proud to the home of much-loved brands including Golden Wonder, REAL Crisps, Mr Porky and of course Tayto, Northern Ireland’s number one crisp brand!
We also ensure that the same care and attention that we invest in our brands is also applied to our customers’ ranges. That’s why we are the UK’s largest supplier of retailer-branded snacks and why almost all of the UK’s major retailers trust us to look after their brands and make their products to the highest standards.
As the UK’s largest family owned snack manufacturer, we are produce around 8 million packs per day and are committed to always making the best-tasting snacks. In turn, we want the best people to join us and be a part of our on-going success!
A huge part of our success is due to the ongoing development of our wide range of products and we have an opportunity to join us at the heart of the business as NPD Manager at our flagship site in Corby – which has the broadest range of snack technologies in a single factory in the country!
About The Role
The NPD team play a pivotal role in the success of our business, whether that be through developing new products, improving flavours or creating more sustainable or eye-catching packaging.
As the NPD Manager, you’ll act as a front line contact for all new product development work for both retailers and internal brand customers whilst managing and documenting all NPD projects.
You’ll play a vital role in the organising of line trials, evaluating products and developing and launching to customer specifications. You’ll coordinate with various departments across the business, pulling together with one clear goal in mind – the perfect snack!
On a typical day, you will:
- Work closely with commercial and marketing colleagues to ensure profitable product opportunities are developed, presented and launched
- Arrange line trial opportunities with site planners and operations teams
- Identify product opportunities for customers that meet their strategic objectives
- Manage and document on-going and upcoming projects
- Carry out process evaluations, ingredient changes, flavour enhancements and packaging changes for new and existing products
- Assessing and scoring new product developments including benchmarking
What will we need from you?
- Previous experience working alongside brand managers and retail technologists and developers
- Demonstrable experience of working within a fast-paced product development team in a food environment
- Previous experience of working within a medium to large scale branded or own label factory environment would be advantageous
- Ideally a food related degree or qualification
This role will be full time, operating Monday – Friday 08:45 – 17:00. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest snack manufacturers and be a part of some of the most exciting projects to date!
What we can guarantee the right individual is a successful career! We’ll provide you with all the tools to learn, develop the role and yourself and will support with additional training needs where required.
If you’d like to find out more about us and the role, please click to apply and someone from our recruitment team will be in touch with all the details!
- Previous experience working within a product development team within the food industry
- Experience of working at NPD Manager level
- Ideally a food related degree or equivalent
- Experience working in snack manufacturing
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf
Maximum file size – 2MB